tecnica mista (legn0, ferro, cartone)
BORTOLUZZI, S.T. (deposizione)
Venice 1920-2007. Diploma at the Venice Institute of Art in 1942. He taught in the same Institute, at the Artistic Lyceum and at the Advanced Course of Industrial Design. In the immediate post-war period he was one of the founders of the “L’Arco” cultural center in Venice. Since 1943 he has been active with numerous personal exhibitions in Italy and abroad. Argan and the most important Italian and foreign critics wrote about his work. His works are found in public and private collections. Among the exhibitions of the last few years we highlight: Galleria Il Traghetto, Venice 1995; Anthological, Civic Gallery, Municipality of Padua, 1995; Municipality of Abano Terme, 1996. The BAC Art Studio Gallery dedicated a personal exhibition to him in 1998 in which the “Diari”, summary books of a long career, pages in which gold shines between the dust and the fragments of glass recalling tesserae of lost mosaics. Two important tributes were paid to the artist by Querini Stampalia and the modern art gallery of Ca ‘Pesaro, just before the disappearance (2007).
Extensive documentation of its activity can be found in the Historical Archives of Contemporary Art in Venice.